You will find it convenient to register for the HSK wherever you are in the world. Please just complete the following steps:
1. You may apply for the HSK at a nearby HSK center.
2. You will need two 2-inch bareheaded, full-faced photos (40mm x 30mm) and show a valid identification card with your photo on it, such as your passport, driving license or residence permit.
3. You will need to pay an HSK fee and registration fee, both of which are nonrefundable (your HSK center will tell you how much you need to pay). Should you be unable to take the scheduled HSK because of an event of force majeure, you need to explain to your HSK center before the HSK takes place so that the center will make it possible for you to take the next HSK without paying the HSK fee again, though you will have to pay the registration fee.
4. If there is no HSK center near you, you may register for the HSK by correspondence. You will need to send to the center a copy of your passport, your CV including your Chinese and English names, nationality, sex and postal address, and two photos of you. You will also need to remit the necessary fees to the center by postal money order. After the center processes your application for registration, it will issue you the HSK Permit and the "HSK Examinees' Handbook." The time and venue of the HSK will be specified on the HSK Permit.
5. The "HSK Outline," sample HSK exam papers and relevant tapes for listening comprehension are available from your HSK center.
(China.org.cn August 30, 2004)